September 21, 2008
Susan G. Komen Race

Well this is the first year I have ever ran in a race.....EVER! Saturday was the race. I did not run in the timed race because well, I am not that stupid. I am very well aware that even though I work out regularly, I am not a runner.

My sister and I decided that we would still enter in the untimed 5K. We had a great time. One of our teachers from high school passed away in 2006 from a long time battle of breast cancer. Her husband asked me to run last year but I had a conflict with my schedule. I promised him I would run this year. So we joined his team. She was an amazing teacher.

There were around 10,000 people that showed up to participate in the event. Our team alone was either the largest team or the second largest team there.

Since neither Amy nor myself are hardcore we decided we would jog half and walk briskly the other half. We did fulfill that goal and it was fun. Ronald McDonald was there and high fived me as I finished! Woot Woot!

What I learned.....My workout program increases strength and muscle not endurance.
Today.......... I am MOST SORE! :(
Next year.........Must Train!! Ha ha!






2 Comments:
Blogger Amy had this to say:

This was fun and I'd like to do it again, so long as my schedule permits next year. :)

Thanks for the invite.

5:48 AM 


Blogger Catrina had this to say:

Wow. I'm really out of the loop. Who past away from breast cancer? Glad you had fun. I love Race for the Cure!

2:40 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Yearbook Yourself
Scary THEN Sweet Is Disasterous
Gift Registries: Insulting or Helpful?
Proof that I WAS at His Sister's Wedding
Showers Galore
On Top of Old Smokey & Spaghetti Too!
Fall in September
I'm a salad dressing?
4 Weeks and 4 Days!
1943 Guide to Hiring Women


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]