August 23, 2007
A HORRIBLE DAY!

What constitutes a horrible day in your world?

It sure puts it into perspective when you talk to my 6 year old!

From day to day it varies. The first day of first grade was "the best day ever!" However several times this week (which is only the first full week of school) she has had her name on the board a couple of times for talking (as usual) and she has also mentioned that some of her classmates have "made in front of her" (made fun of her) for the new boy liking her and enticing them to kiss.

So when I picked her up today the conversation went as follows:

"Hi Sweetheart! How was your day today?"

"HORRIBLE!"

"Aww Baby, I'm sorry. How come?"

"I can't tell you."

"Uhm....yes you can. Mommy needs to know what is going on."

"No mommy I really can't."

"Did you get your name on the board for talking?"

"No."

"Did you get kissed by a boy?"

"No."

"Did the boys make fun of you?"

"No."

"Seriously Sweetie. I need you to tell me what happened." (Thinking something AWFUL at this point.....)

"Well, when I was playing at recess, my hair came undone and I lost the "pony." (ponytail holder)

Blank Stare.

(Before we made it home she found it in her lunch pail and was ecstatic. Looks like we had a horrible day for nothin'!)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




100 Things About Me and Things I like
Great Advice from L'il C
High Expectations for 16th Birthday!
Humor for your Friday!
Family Album?!
Trix and the Obsessions that Follow!
Pigeon toed people
Disappearing Pets!
Fun Times to Remember!
Traveling via Airplanes...


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]