April 25, 2007
Bandanas, Ziplock Bags, and BLASTED PIGEONS!




**PREFACE**

(All those with A.D.D., please skip to point of story!) LOL!

For those of you that thought Bert's fettish for pigeons on Sesame Street was sweet, let me tell you how sadly mistaken you are!!

When I moved into my house 2 years ago next month, I never realized how my next door neighbor's hobby would effect me! While in conversation with my dad, my neighbor mentioned that he raced pigeons. Dad listened intently, readily deciding in his head that he too wanted to race pigeons!

Shortly after he purchased and started breeding pigeons, raccoons started attacking them and ripping their heads off for sport. Now my dad doesn't cry easily. When I saw how tore up he was over this my heart went out to him. He caught me at a VERY weak moment. He follows up this horrific story with, "Can I keep them in your shed temporarily until I can find a new place for them?"

TWO YEARS LATER and NOT SO TEMPORARY!!!....Those freakin' birds are still there! Now instead of 12 birds they have multiplied into over 250 birds!!!!!!!! (For all you insane people that go over board with rights for animals---back off!---There is plenty of airflow, nests, water bottles, and everything else these birds need)

Which brings me to my next point. My dad goes on vacation frequently. (now in his world it really isn't frequently, but in my world it is) Who do you think he asks to take care of these stinky things when he gone??? (Well, not me anymore. I whined to the point of ridiculous and now he won't even ask me. So, that only leaves my sister and her husband!) Why did I whine? I never realized I was scared of birds. And I really am not scared of a bird or two. But 250 birds moulting, flying, and pooping over my head doesn't really make me love them. Too be more specific....IT.FREAKS.ME.OUT! I HATE being dirty and they are beyond that!

******POINT OF STORY*******

Last night, my sister and her husband were running late to meet someone for dinner and she came over to feed the birds. But.....she did not just go feed the birds and leave. She knocks on MY door for me to come help her! Say what?!

I promptly told her how much I hated her (which she knows was a lie) and told her that was an insane idea. (walks to room to change clothes)

So, to begin my journey of the ridiculous I put on windpants, a yucky shirt, a baseball cap (because they favor pooping on me), and flipflops (which I regretted later). Then to help from breathing the nastiness we wrapped bandanas around our faces!

I then resorted to ziplock baggies for gloves as I was not going to touch the mounds of crap on and in the water bottles we had to empty out and replace!

We were a sight!






3 Comments:
Blogger Amy had this to say:

"those of you with rights for animals-back off!" ROFLOL

I told this story to the gals at lunch today. They were cracking up. Surprisingly they found it more hilarious than we did. :) I hate pigeons.

2:31 PM 


Blogger Just Me had this to say:

You guys should have taken pictures!

I'm right there with you on the scared of birds, they are cute from a distance but when they are flapping in your face and not to mention the poop, yeah I'd be afraid too.

7:35 AM 


Blogger Candice had this to say:

Have you ever seen the Hitchcock movie The Birds? That movie totally freaks me out. I've never looked at birds the same!

7:47 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Interview Questions...
Medium Rare Bubbles.....
Just For Fun...
Spring Break Fun!
Inhale the Sweet Fragrance Then....GAG!
Something to think about...
Care for a laugh?
Females in Auto Departments...
Eating and Shopping-2 Must Haves!
If you are bored...


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]