September 07, 2007
Funerals

Yesterday I attended my great aunt's funeral. It was L'il C's first funeral to attend. She was okay until she heard my Grandma crying and then she started crying. :(

This aunt retired from the U.S. Army were she ranked as Sergeant 1st class after 20 years and had also worked at one point as a stenographer for a U.S. General at the Pentagon. She was able to travel to many places all over the world throughout her military career. She also had her Private Investigator license.....must be where I get it! :)

Growing up we didn't see much of her but she always gave us the funniest gifts. My dad said she used to give really nice gifts so I am not sure what happened by the time we were born. She would give us reject gifts from garage sales and dollar stores that were going out of business. Now I am not opposed to garage sale or dollar store gifts, but her gifts were usually broken or something was wrong with them! LOL!

At least we know she was thinking of us. :)

The coolest part about the whole funeral yesterday was the 21 gun salute and the playing of Taps at her memorial service. That was a really neat experience. I had never seen it in person before. I had only seen it on tv. The flag was draped over her casket. The precision those men took in folding it was unbelievable. I wanted to cry when they presented it to one of her brothers. It was a very moving experience. I really hadn't seen my aunt often but she had a lot of interesting facts about her.

L'il C seemed to be okay and she didn't have any nightmares last night about dead people so I was relieved.






2 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Sorry about your Aunt! Our whole family is filled with military officers - so there are a lot of those types of funerals in my future :(

10:23 AM 


Blogger Amy had this to say:

I was impressed with the military presentation as well.

And of course, no family trip would be complete without a typical "Amy moment." Thanks for laughing at my expense at the gas station. It was fun.

6:32 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Labor Day Weekend
Flexeril Warning
Like Rainman, She has no concept of $$$
A HORRIBLE DAY!
100 Things About Me and Things I like
Great Advice from L'il C
High Expectations for 16th Birthday!
Humor for your Friday!
Family Album?!
Trix and the Obsessions that Follow!


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]