November 05, 2008
Cliffs of Moher and Kinvara

Part 2
After we left Spanish Point we passed many more fabulous views before we reached the Cliffs of Moher. Here are a few of the pictures of the passing scenery.







This was rather interesting. I have never heard of Pitch and Putt but apparently it is Huge in Ireland. There are courses all over. It is similar to golf except all that is required is a Pitching Wedge and a Putter....hence the name. The greens on this particular course are ridiculously hilly.



Not sure what this structure was but it looked cool

Here we have the breath taking Cliffs of Moher with the views from the hillside. And since you can't hear the waves splashing and see the majestic panoramic view, these pictures will have to suffice. I truly recommend this point of interest.


This was a viewing point fortress that was under renovation.







This was one of our favorite rocks. It looks like a face looking out onto the water.



This reminds me of the Teletubbies home. This was the shopping center and restaraunts built into the ground at the Cliffs of Moher.


The picture below is the Dunguaire Castle in Kinvara. We almost passed it before we even realized it was there. I was nodding off and needed to pee (ha) and was looking for a place to pull over when we saw it. Note I did say I had to pee so I was going to go in the deserted parking lot we parked in across the street from the castle. As soon as I was about to circle around a tree a HUGE tour bus pulled in. : So, I couldn't go in the lot.

This was a really pretty place. We couldn't go in because it only operates April to October not through October and this was October 8th. But the landscape was fun. There was a beaten pathway around the entire castle.




Tour bus left, I found quiet spot at the back of the castle, here to be exact, etc. :)


The next two pictures were taken through the iron gate at the inside of the courtyard.



This was a jammed packed day. Driving on no sleep for two days we ended up stopping by the back gate of someone's land and slept for an hour. :) (Little did I know I would end up stopping everyday and taking a nap for an hour or so.) That 6 hour time difference was an adjustment!!
Good times.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Galway and Aughnanure Castle
Kylemore Abbey and Connors Pass
Dunbeg Fort and Lookout Point at Slea Head
Colmeenole Beach on the Dingle Peninsula
Tralee and Inch
Muckross House
Ross Castle
Blarney Castle
Powerscourt -The Last of the Honeymoon
Happy One Month Anniversary!


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]