March 07, 2009
Replacement Words

Preface:

The other day L'il C comes in and says, "Mom, my friend at school told me that the 's word' means the same thing as poop. Is that true?"

Trying to smooth my frustrations from this child who keeps teaching mine cuss words, I calmly tell her that it does indeed mean the same thing but that the 's word' is not a word that should be used.

This isn't the first word she has asked me about. I always want her to feel comfortable talking to me about anything so I never make her feel bad for coming to me even if she says the word. I have learned the bigger deal you make out of something the more the child tries to get away with saying the magical forbidden word and uses it here and there to see how far they can push their limits.

This time she did not use the actual word but simply referred to it as 'the s word' so I knew she already knew it was an inappropriate word.

The story:

Last night Brad and I took L'il C to a hockey game with some friends of mine. My friend's cousin worked with American Airlines and had 20 free tickets so she invited us to go as well. One of the guys using one of the free tickets sitting near us was joking around with his son and called him a sh**head. I was shocked but L'il C nonchalantly turned around to him and said, "You should say poop. It means the same thing!"

I could.not. stop laughing.






1 Comments:
Blogger Amy Watson had this to say:

Gotta love that little nerd. :)

11:58 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Human Food - The Dog's Choice
St. Patrick's Day Breakfast
Winter Jam and Movie Date
Raisin Pie
Mimicking New Words
Stick People
Signal Lights in Small Towns
Random Update on Life
Tito
If you don't like the weather, stay another day!


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]