February 25, 2009
Raisin Pie

I didn't even realize such a thing as raisin pie even existed so I had never tried one much less cooked one. However, if you were to ask me if I would like a nice hot slice of delicious raisin pie, I would decline. I have never been a fan of cooked raisins. I will eat raisins all day long out of a box but there is just something about the texture of a plump raisin that has been cooked that is less than appealing to me.

So, when I was asked to make a dessert for a lady in our church who just had surgery and her husband told me that she really liked raisin pie my face was a little less than excited. Then it became my mission. Not only was I going to make that raisin pie but I wanted it to be the best raisin pie ever!

I am an excellent cook and love even more to bake. I can make absolutely delicious pies, coconut cream pie for sure. But when it comes to the crust, it is so sad looking. I can never get my dough to roll out thin enough without tearing holes in it. With the coconut cream pies I just had volumes of meringue to cover up the ugly crust and no one knew any different.

Not only do I have to now make a raisin pie, I have to make a 2 crust pie in which the crust would be visible. I decided even more bravely to make a lattice crust on top.

The result:

Not only was it not bad to look at for a novice, it was the best pie they had ever eaten.....better even than her mom's!!!

I AM THE BOMB!!

Just for the record,
here is the recipe I used.






2 Comments:
Blogger Amy had this to say:

This sounds disgusting...no offense. But I'm sure you did a spectacular job at making it. Forgive me if I "pass" on trying any if you ever make it again. :)

5:54 AM 


Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I hate raisins - EXCEPT in my mom's Oatmeal Mac Cookies. But YAY for you making a good pie.

Go to iStock and pick some images for a new design and email me the links to them.

10:08 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Mimicking New Words
Stick People
Signal Lights in Small Towns
Random Update on Life
Tito
If you don't like the weather, stay another day!
Winter Golf
Our Newest Addition
The Ladybug Room
The Magic of Eight!


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]