December 15, 2009
Hustle & Bustle?

Everyone always talks about how chaotic this time of year is. From time to time I have made this comment with justifiable reasons I am sure. But honestly, this is a fabulous time of year. Aside from my last minute stocking stuffer ideas, I have been finished with my shopping for about 2 weeks. I have what is called a Christmas Club account at my bank. Money is automatically taken from my checking account every week and deposited into this account. This makes for a great way to have a debt free Christmas every year. It also makes me get extremely excited about the first week of November since that is the day they give me all of my money back to go shopping with. I hit all of the Veterans Day sales and call it done! Do not even ask me to hit Black Friday sales.... I am out on that!

All though the cold chills me to the bone, it wouldn't be Christmas without the cold. I would have a hard time saying Merry Christmas in tropical weather.

I want the old fashion "movie magic Christmas". I want the snow and the sleigh rides. I want to snuggle by the fireplace and the countdown to Christmas movies with mommies and daddies kissin' under the mistletoe. I want the traditional family sleepovers with all of the cousins, giggling till really late, waiting on Santa and all of the kiddos in their footed jammies.

I also love my Christian traditions. I love the church Christmas plays, when inevitably the sheep will sneeze or the cow will hiccup and the choir will get tickled and the wise men fall up the stairs. I love making a birthday cake for Jesus and reading the real Christmas story from the Bible. I sing O Holy Night year round so it is especially fitting this time of year as well. :)

I love Christmas parties. I will have a different Christmas party with each group of people I know and still couldn't have too many parties. It is a time of year when people embrace each other and make time for those they love.

Hustle & Bustle? Maybe. But it doesn't have to be. You can make it stressful and all about the expensive gifts.

I recommend you take a look at what is truly important this year and enjoy Christmas!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




3rd Grade Cutie!
From Summer to Winter
Kid's Kamp
Branson & Nashville
Greek Parthenon
Holy Rusted Metal Batman!
Poor Song
Teacher's Appreciation Week
A New Rich Husband
3rd Day Concert


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]