May 30, 2007
The Flight There...



Friday the new guy and I took a trip to get my new car!

Since the driving distance was 805 miles and he had to be back at work Saturday morning by 7:00....we decided to fly down there and drive back instead of driving there and back.

Our flight was scheduled to leave at 6:20 a.m. Knowing that morning flights were the busiest and that it was a holiday weekend, we decided to NOT be early! ??? Somehow even with intricate planning we did not get to the airport until 5:30. Anyone that has flown anywhere knows that that is not enough time.

After standing in the line at the Delta check-in the lady politely tells us that our flight is through Continental..... (Blank Stares)

Finally, we get through the Continental line and the attendant tells us we need to get to Gate 22 quickly! (Ya think!?)

New guy and I ran up the stopped escalator since everyone else was gliding slowly up the working one only to get to the top floor and see the forever long line to get through security.

After weaving in and out and in and out, we finally asked a guy at the front if we can cut to catch our 6:00 flight. With a look of disgust and a phrase of irritation he lets us know that we would only be waiting a few more minutes but let us in front anyway. (Thanks kind irritated sir!)

It is a good thing they did. There is just something about the non common spelling of my name that they freakin' RED FLAG me every single time I fly. Therefore, since we had all the time in the world we had to go to the side to be searched.

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lady was very nice and let me know that she would hurry.

After both of us were violated, I mean checked by security. I picked up my sandals, he grabbed the bag and we hauled ***! I almost took out a woman with a baby as I turned the corner. Oops. (Apologies to woman with the baby) We were most definitely the last 2 on the plane. I apologized to the pilot to which he smiled and said that we were just in time!

We totally felt like Home Alone! LOL!






2 Comments:
Blogger Candice had this to say:

I can totally picture you plowing into some old lady with a walker screaming "Hold the plane!"

I once had a flight delayed 4 hours when Oscar was one. We were supposed to leave at 10 am and I gave him some Motrin so he would sleep on the plane but we didn't end up leaving until 2 and when we landed in Dallas for our connecting flight onto St. Louis we had to run from one end of the airport to the other, we were the last ones on the plan. Then our flight was late getting into St. Louis because Dick Cheney was leaving the airport. So we didn't get there until 9 that night and we hadn't eaten the entire day. Poor kid didn't get more than 10 minutes of sleep the entire day. I vowed to never again travel with an infant.

Dag-nabbit, this is turning into a blog.

1:10 PM 


Blogger Just Me had this to say:

that's some funny stuff. I love airport stories. When we flew to houston our pilot was 20 minutes late. He was flying in from Denver and we were waiting for his plane to land. When we got into Denver we sat on the runway for 30 minutes and most of the people missed their connections. It was a crazy flying day.

2:16 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Thank You For Noticing My Absence! :)
Feelin' Fabulous
A Moments Peace Please!!!!
A bit disturbed...
Kindergarten Graduation
L'il C and Harry Connick Jr.
My Post Secret Would Read....
THAT GUY!!
Random!
Kids Say The Darndest Things!


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]