May 12, 2008
Mother's Day

My Mother's Day was very nice. We went to church and then went to my mom's for lunch. It was such a peaceful day.

L'il C was more than anxious to give me her gifts. She wanted to give them to me early but I told her repeatedly that I would rather open them on the actual holiday. She made the sweetest puppy dog eyes and I ended up opening one the night before. She was so proud of what she had made at school and kept reiterating the fact that she had "worked hard on them and it had taken DAYS to finish them".

She made me a flower pot out of a half styrofoam cup with flowers made of pipe cleaners and cutouts all glued to a paper plate with ribbon around it and a ribbon to hang it up. It had little gems glued all around the plate. It was so cute. (I know!....You would have to be a mom to think so but it really was!) She also colored me a bouquet of flowers and made me a card that told me how much she loved me and that I "ruled". LOL.

She made me a card at church Wednesday night that told me she would do all of the chores on Mother's Day. This sounded optimal to me. Come Sunday however I had forgotten that she had made that offer and apparently so had she. We were getting ready to walk out the door for church and I asked her to turn out the kitchen and dining room lights (since that is where she had been), to grab her Bible and her offering. She then sighed and asked, "Why do I have to do everything??"

?!?!?

Then she reminded herself that it was Mother's Day and that she had said she would. (Because seriously being responsible for herself was way to much to ask?!)

........Today, however, she woke up very grouchy. (not usual behavior for her) When I asked her to brush her hair and her teeth she pouted and said, "This is NOT Mother's Day!"

Kids! Aren't they precious! ;)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




New Money Coming Soon!!
Eischen's -Thank you Holli!
Happy One Year Anniversary!
My Body is Perfect!
What makes a child up the 'ante' for more discipline?
Define Maybe
Whew! I am safe a while longer!
Jesus vs. Medication
A Bargain I Couldn't Refuse
Blogger Blogger, Where art thou??


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]