August 25, 2008
Wedding Progress & Home Improvement Shower

Wow! I can hardly believe that I am getting married in 5 weeks and 6 days! I am so excited.

Friday my mom, soon to be mother-in-law, and I went shopping for the finishing touches on the decor and to get the satin for the flower girls dresses. My mom and I did a walk through of the church and made an outline of how I wanted it decorated.

So far we have all of the decorations, the flower girl baskets, my sister's dress, my mom's dress, the runner for the aisle, the cakes, and my dress (after it is finished in alterations), shoes, and veil.

All we have left to get is the girls shoes and hair accents, the tuxes, jewelry, and a guest book!

The only thing that is not going real well is the Groom's 2 dislocated disks in his back! He has been in constant unbearable pain since our Nashville trip the last week of July!! He has been going to a chiropractor (no comments necessary) consistently. The chiropracter said he should be feeling much better by now and is setting him up for an MRI. He better hurry up and get better so he can survive the 18 hour round trip plane ride and the 10 day car ride!! I feel so bad for him.

We had to reschedule our engagement pictures until he is more comfortable. Maybe we can take them after the wedding! Ha ha!

One of his sisters is getting married in less than 2 weeks so we have had a lot going on with his family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My sister threw a "Home Improvement" shower for me with a few close friends and family. We had a lot of fun! Since I have lived on my own for 10 years I don't really need dishes, towels, etc. I purchased a home 3 years ago and it needs a bit of help. So it was considered a good idea to register at Lowe's and take care of some things that needed to be improved.

We are remodeling my back den and turning it into a master bedroom and I hope to add a half bath as well. We couldn't register for specialty items online so basically people have given us gift cards but there were some lawn tools that we needed.

There are some men in our church that are donating their time as well to help us with the remodeling.
My mom, me, and Amy


Mike Grillin' and Amy Cheesin'

(Her face reads exactly what she was saying, "I have to hurry.")

M-I-L and Me

His sister that is getting married and me

My friend Sarah

Awwww!! How sweet!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Fun in The Sun
First Day of Second Grade!
Summer Amusement
Not worthy of a post
Random Information
Why not Praise and Worship with Bon Jovi?
Memories at Five Weeks Old??
Searching my mind...
The Emperor's New Clothes
Wedding Update


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]