January 09, 2009
The Ladybug Room

I wish I could say how ugly the Strawberry Shortcake room was in all of its splendor and pink paint. I would also like to say that I did not think that when we decorated it this way that we didn't like it. But I can't. Because we did. And we liked it a lot. But....after 3 years of pepto-bismol pink walls and clutter galore it was time for a change.


The week after Christmas L'il C was at her dad's. So Brad filled the random holes. Then Brad, my mom, and I worked dilligently to Kilz (2 coats) and paint (2 coats) her walls, the trim, the ceiling, and the doors white. This took forever because inbetween each coat we had to wait for drying time.


Then I washed and ironed her new sheets. Yes ironed--because they looked like a crumpled heap of wadded paper! I made her bed and then added the ladybug wall stickers. After that I had to buy new rods to hang her valance and curtains because the other ones weren't long enough.


I still have to buy her new white dresser and mirror and nightstand. I am also going to buy wooden letters painted red, white, and black that spell her name for her wall but it definitely looks so much better now! I am sorry I don't have 'before' pics.

She loved it all when she got home but I think her most favorite part is the lamp by her bed. She wants it on ALWAYS and won't let me turn the regular light on. ha ha.



Ta Da!







8 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

That looks adorable!

9:11 AM 


Blogger Lori had this to say:

I like it a lot!!

4:40 PM 


Blogger Jenn had this to say:

Oh now that is super cute ! You did a great job.

4:53 PM 


Blogger Amy had this to say:

Love it! Strawberry Shortcake was good, but you're right...it was time for a change. :) This one is adorable!

6:36 PM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

I am currently living in a sea of pink. (Well, anywhere my daughter is concerned. It hasn't leaked to the rest of the house or anything.) This post makes me hopeful that the pink phase one day shall pass. :)

8:49 PM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

Thank you! Thank you! and Thank you!

It is so nice to walk in to her room now.

...in fact with all of Christmas still in my house her room is my only sanity at the moment.

7:43 AM 


Blogger Catrina had this to say:

I love the ladybugs!! Great job!

7:46 PM 


Blogger Candice had this to say:

Adorable!

2:19 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




The Magic of Eight!
"I Still Believe"
Comics
Last Night's Dream
A New Way To Read A Book
Bring on Christmas!
The Everlasting Birthday!
Revision to Honeymoon Story and Pics
The Beginning of the Trip!
Cliffs of Moher and Kinvara


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]