June 07, 2007
Funny Things from L'il C

L'il C does not like to have her hair blow dried. Simply put...it takes time out from her play time! However, I insist on at least drying her bangs so she doesn't look like a homely child. (read as: I am anal and a perfectionist)

Anyway she was in the bathtub this morning and said, "Mom....if you will just blow dry my bangs... I will give you something of mine."

Child, don't try to bribe me! I am the only one in this household with the authority to bribe... Seriously?! Besides what would I say, "Yes, please...I will take your Strawberry Shortcake pillow....??"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I am blowdrying the bangs....

I hear her singing a pretty tune however I can't quite make out the words she is singing. So when I turned off the dryer I asked her what the pretty song was. She said, "Oh you know...I was just making up stuff to sing." To which I replied, "Oh it sounded like a song I had heard before."

She said, "Oh. Well I put 'wake me up when September ends' in it." :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pointing to her stitched crayon box.....

L'il C "This Thang is Tore-uh right here and right here."

Me "Sweetie, I know you are from the South but you should actually say, 'this is torn'."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mom, in one month I will be 6 and a quarter."

"No Sweetie, you will be 6 1/2."

"Then that must mean I am already six and a quarter! Woo Hoo!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Preface: I'm telling you if I wrote down everything funny she ever said I would constantly be writing. However she has become extremely self conscious when I laugh at the unintentional funny things she does. Therefore I have to be extremely careful to smile gently and not crack up and then proceed to drop the situation. If I laugh out loud she immediately gets a sad face and makes me promise not to tell ANYONE the funny thing she just did.)

As I was trying to discreetly write down the funny things she said so I could blog about it...

I hollared at her from my room, "Hey Babe... what was the part you added in your made up song??"

I hear her walking to my room so I chunk the paper so she won't read it. "Why Mom?! Are you gonna tell people?!"

Me sitting there staring blankly since I was busted...

"Honey I was just wondering."

"That's fine, Mom. You can tell however many people you want."

Therefore.... I AM! :)






3 Comments:
Blogger Amy had this to say:

Thank goodness we have her to keep us laughing. :)

1:19 PM 


Blogger Candice had this to say:

Kids come up with the most hilarious stuff. I'm surprised all the time and the hilarious logic that they see.

1:18 AM 


Blogger Gledwood had this to say:

As the saying goes: "from the mouths of babes" ...

12:14 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Sugar High
Visions In Clouds
The Flight There...
Thank You For Noticing My Absence! :)
Feelin' Fabulous
A Moments Peace Please!!!!
A bit disturbed...
Kindergarten Graduation
L'il C and Harry Connick Jr.
My Post Secret Would Read....


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]