March 26, 2009
ZUMBA!

Oxygen shortage to the brain! -That is what I had!

My sister told me about this cool class called ZUMBA that had started at our gym and thought we should try it! She said that it was like aerobics but with Latin dance moves.

Now I am not sure why, but my brain only heard 'Latin dance moves' and totally tuned out the 'aerobics' part. The class was from 5:30-6:15 and I had dinner plans at 6:30.

The sign had said, "Basic Class. Ditch the workout. Join the Party!!"

To me, basic means beginner. They just put the signs up last week so I knew that I had missed 2 classes.

The misunderstandings are definitely already stacked against me.

Let's review my thought process: fun.party.dancing.basic.no one else will know what they are doing since the class just started.ditching the workout.

Reality: class started 2 months ago.not basic.not a party.definite working out.must be able to 'groove'

I was worn out and Sweaty Betty when I left, no time to take a shower, and late for my dinner party. I made myself take a speedy shower and showed up in the nick of time.

And believe it or not..... It really was fun and I am going back again today.
But today, I.WILL! be prepared! (and be on the back row instead of the front this time!)






2 Comments:
Blogger Amy Watson had this to say:

Yay for Zumba!! I had fun too. If I hadn't killed my shoulder I would be joining you again tonight. You'll have to fill me in on how you did. :)

1:36 PM 


Blogger Jenn had this to say:

Our gym has the same class, I've been meaning to try it out. Maybe I will I need a good fun workout!

2:53 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Vanity Plates -DISCOON?
Tito.... Dog? Rat? or Texas Longhorn?
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!!!
The Crack of Dawn
Sprit Week -Day Four & Five - Bad Mom
Spirit Week - Day Three - Camo
Spirit Week - Day Two - Twin Day
Spirit Week - Day One - Clash/Bad Hair Day
Climbing Toys at Food Establishments
Fishing


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]