April 05, 2009
Road trip to the Britney Concert

Generally when are family goes on trips, inevitably we are late getting out of town. This time it was neither mine nor my sister's fault but we were trying to leave at noon thirty and didn't leave until 1:30.

Although it wasn't what made us late, it was actually kind of sad because I did a little shopping that morning and out of nowhere this monsterous migraine attacked me. I thought I was going to die!!!

My mom called to check on me while I was lying down, once I finally made it home. I told her that I had taken some medicine but I needed to rest so I could be ready to leave at 12:30. She said, "What?! You are still going to go??"

"Uhm....yeah!" I was not going to let a migraine that was threatening my life keep me from this long awaited trip with my sister. ha ha.

The migraine subsided to a dull headache as we got on the road and my neck was still sore the entire day and part of Friday but that was much better than a migraine.

But enough about that nonsense. The trip was extremely pleasant. My sister and I had enjoyable conversations and really enjoyed each other's company. I honestly think this was the longest we have ever gone without at least getting on each other's nerves about something. It was SO NICE!!

The Hotel:

LORD help us! The hotel gave me the creeps. We were both cracking up at the heap of junk I had picked. Oops. The entire lobby/hallway was so intoxicatingly filled with cigarette smell I thought I was going to die of cancer from breathing on the way to my room. The doors refreshingly said "No Smoking." What a joke! Although the room was clean, it felt dirty. The carpet looked disgusting. The bedspread was a creepy green flower design that screamed, "Don't touch me. I am infested!" The sheets, as we later found out at bedtime, had holes. The room walls were a mint green while the bathroom walls were a baby pink. The beds were hard as sleeping on the floor. Neither of us slept much. We were right by the street and sirens were streaming by through out the night. A group of guys were playing basketball in the hall at 3 a.m. and the maid seemed to clean the room across from us ALL night!!!

Anywho, we won't EVER stay at that hotel again.

We made it to the concert with plenty of time to spare since our hotel was only a couple of miles from the Sprint Center. We quickly figured out we weren't the dominate fan base. We were neither slutty enough nor energetic enough. (We both had headaches and were just in chill mode.) :( There were girls and guys in the their late teens although way up to the ladies next to us that had to be in their 40's.

There were people across the street picketing those of us supposedly going to hell for supporting Britney. I was definitely amused and said a little prayer for their salvation as well. ha! Thanks for showing the love of Jesus, Mr. and Mrs. Picketers.

Amy and I shoved our way up to the front. Being that it was only the 2 of us, no one noticed us moving closer to the door. Hee hee.

We finally got in and decided to get some grub. I got a scrumptious bbq sandwhich, she got nachos, and we shared a delicious $4 pepsi.......one that I spilled all under our chairs because it was in my way in the dark. :(


The Pussy Cat Dolls opened. We knew more of their songs than we had realized.

Then....the lights dimmed. The intensity grew. And all of a sudden........


...circus performers. We were hoping for Britney but sure a circus could be entertaining. ;)

They were good. They had acrobats and other fun dudes to watch.

When Britney finally came out, we were very ready. The people all around us were screaming and hollaring as the loud music blared the speakers....and we of course held our ears! ...because were old! ha!









She really put on an outstanding show. Amy and I really enjoyed it. She had me drive back to the hotel so she wouldn't panic in the traffic. We decided to go by QuikTrip and get a donut for the next morning in case we missed the hotels lovely continental breakfast. Once we got back to the hotel we got ready for bed and watched Crossroads on Amy's laptop! ...Cause we are cool nerds and that is how we roll. ha ha!

The next morning we checked out and went on down the road to the Country Club Plaza. We went in the shops and had a nice time. It was close to lunch and we wanted to find a nonchain restaurant.

We found a perfectly lovely place called Tomfooleries! We loved their door handles! That is what made me want to go in and try it.


It was scrumptious!!! Amy had the Strawberry Spinach Salad and traded the grilled chicken out for the Coconut Chicken on the side. I had the Tom's Club and it was heavenly! I do not eat honey mustard....EVER! But this sandwhich had Raspberry honey mustard and it was YUMMY! The waffle fries had seasoning on it that wasn't any I had ever tasted before. I really liked them as well.

If you ever get a chance to try this restaurant you definitely should. I highly recommend it for the great food and the fun atmosphere!

Once we were finished eating, I wasn't really sure how to get back to the highway. So I went it to the store by where our car was parked to ask for directions. I should have turned around and walked right back out when I saw 2 young girls. That was my first clue. Neither of them knew how to give directions. So they called their manager over, who looked a lot like Cameron Diaz. She knew, but it was too far for me to remember. So....Amy and I decided to back track just a bit and go back the way we came. :)

The drive back was smooth. We only passed our exit once and were 30 miles down the road before we realized it so we had to take another highway home. :) Luckily, both of them came straight into our town and we didn't get lost. So much for our GPS system that showed we were still in our hometown...piece of junk. :)

It was a good trip for both of us. We had tons of laughs and that makes any trip worth it!

Brad had a sweet card and flowers waiting for me when I got home. What a perfect ending to a lovely trip!






2 Comments:
Blogger Candice had this to say:

I've heard that she puts on a really good show. I'll admit, I'm kinda curious! Looks like you had a fun time!!

12:45 PM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

Great pictures of you two! Are you still working out? You look awesome! (Sorry I'm always behind on my comments...I can't subscribe to your blog in my feedreader so I'm always behind reading it....)

9:09 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Amazon Toy
This Week for Me
ZUMBA!
Vanity Plates -DISCOON?
Tito.... Dog? Rat? or Texas Longhorn?
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!!!
The Crack of Dawn
Sprit Week -Day Four & Five - Bad Mom
Spirit Week - Day Three - Camo
Spirit Week - Day Two - Twin Day


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]