December 22, 2007
Nutcracker in Review

We had a fantastic evening!!

I love getting all dressed up and having somewhere to go! We both enjoyed the Nutcracker. We had really good seats near the front. I wish I could have taken pictures but they did not allow flash photography.

Mr. C and I ventured down towards the Orchestra Pit to see them warming up. It was pretty cool. I have went to see productions at this particular place before but never actually walked up to the stage. Mr. C's brother had asked me about where we were going to see the Nutcracker and when I told him he asked me if that was the place with two really high balconies. I had always sat near the front on the lower level and had never really looked up and behind me before so I wasn't sure. Well, since he had mentioned it, I made it a point to look this time. WOW! That place is HUGE and the balconies are WAY up there! HA! Man! I am observant!

The first act was more entertaining than the second as the second consisted more of duets and solos and not the entire ballet. Our favorite part in the first act was when the little bitty mice (kids) were fighting the soldiers. The soldiers had a little pop gun and shot one of the mice. The mouse fell over and the other ones loaded him up on a stretcher and hauled him off of the stage. It was hilarious!!!

If you have never seen this production it is definitely worth going to see at least once in your lifetime if for nothing else but to enjoy the experience. I definitely plan to take L'il C next year.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




The Nutcracker
Watching Robots A Bit Much??
Every Light In The House Is On...
No, I'm Not Dead!
To School Or Not To School, That Is The Question
My Birthday in Review
Your True Birth Month Is DecemberLogical Patriotic...
Inconsistency Hurts!
What's Important to The Little People
Magnificent!


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]