March 12, 2008
School Zones


I completely understand the purpose of school zones: to make sure people slow down so that they won't run over a child.

However, my question is that IF the driver actually does realize there is a school zone and not in their own oblivion (texting, talking on the phone, talking to passengers, applying make-up, eating, etc.) are they more concerned with looking for a child that might cross the road OR are they scanning every location for a cop so that they don't get a ticket??

Just a thought I had while driving the correct speed and NOT in my own oblivion through a school zone yesterday but while scanning curiously for hidden cops.






2 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I watched a sherrif's deputy SPEED right through a school zone the other day. It pissed me off.

2:49 PM 


Blogger Just Me had this to say:

I'm one to slow down in a school zone. I had a Drivers Ed teacher that took us by where a few kids were hit while crossing the road then we drove past the person's house that hit them. It scared the crap out of me. I definitly look for cops though when I'm driving, just in case I'm going 21 mph.

8:40 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




St. Patrick's Day Joke
The Ransom
Holding The Barbies Hostage
My Mom is Addicted!
I Got Nothin'
Miracles happen....even if slightly tainted...
Tae Bo and Tiny Tots
Tidbits from L'il C
Where Did My Phone Go??
10 Quick Guidelines for Proper Baby Care!


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]