April 08, 2008
The Sweetest Picnic

Saturday was finally a day where I did not have to be anywhere and there was no rain in the forecast!! I had been waiting for one of those days for a while! My lawn desperately needed attention.

I slept in that morning and then decided to go ahead and get started on my chores. I told L'il C that she could go outside in the back and play but not to play near where I was going to be mowing. I finished mowing and started trimming the hedges along my fenceline. There are still areas that need a lot of attention due to the ice storm in December. My poor trees are so sad looking.

L'il C was in her little club house that was at the top of her swingset. As I am trimming, L'il C hollered from the playset and wanted to know what time it was. I let her know that it was close to noon. I watch her climb down the stairs and run inside. A few minutes later she comes out to me and says, "Mom, I had a really good idea. How 'bout we have a picnic in my playhouse."

"What a great idea! What do you want for lunch?"

"I already made lunch!"

"What?"

She had went inside and made us Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches! She had taken an Easter Egg cookie cutter and cut them out for us. She had put them on a plate with some chips and had poured us each a glass of water. AND she had cleaned up her mess!

WOW! I wanted to cry. That was so sweet!

So we did just that. We ate the most delicious PB & J sandwiches ever and read Dr. Suess & Berenstein Bear books! It was most fun!






3 Comments:
Blogger Amy had this to say:

Oh my gosh, I just love her! She is so sweet. She needs to invite me over for a picnic sometime. I wanted to picnic Thursday, but didn't. I even have a fun picnic set. :(

11:06 AM 


Blogger Just Me had this to say:

Oh my gosh that seriously is the cutest thing! And the fact that she cut the sandwiches in a shape (just like your fiance did) is soooo cute! I love it.

12:22 PM 


Blogger Candice had this to say:

That is so adorable! You've raised a very thoughtful little girl.

8:25 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Happy Birthday Dearest Fiance'!
Time Management
Boogers!
April Fool's Day
Cloning Gone Wrong
Happy St. Patrick's Day with a Surprise Twist!
Bible Reading, Prayers, and Miley Cyrus?
School Zones
St. Patrick's Day Joke
The Ransom


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]