March 14, 2008
Bible Reading, Prayers, and Miley Cyrus?

In L'il C's Wednesday night class at church her teacher encouraged each of them to read their Bible for 10-15 minutes a day. When we get home she asks if she can set her alarm for 6:40 instead of 7:00 so she can wake up and read her Bible for a few minutes. I agree and she is excited about it. I figure the next morning she will have forgotten why she was up so early. But the next morning the first thing out of her mouth after she hugs me is, "Mom I am gonna go read my Bible for a few minutes." :) Cool.

Last night when we get home for soccer practice I let her know that she is gonna get in the bathtub and eat dinner. She asks if she can read her Bible again for a few minutes before she gets in to the bathtub. I know this is a stall tactic to keep her out of the bathtub a minute longer but I tell her that is fine (because who says no you can't read your Bible). I tell her that I am going outside for a few minutes to finish trimming up a small tree in the front before it starts raining.

When I come back in I am a little surprised to see that she is not reading her Bible but rather in her sports bra and pajama bottoms dancing to the new Miley Cyrus CD. ??? Uhm.......okay?


****************************************

Every night she and I say our prayers before bed. Last night was her turn to say a prayer since we alternate. Her prayer was very tender and sweet and in the middle when she was praying for her 3 yr. old brother (Mr. K's son) she said, "...and Lord protect 'brother' and let him make a cool craft at school tomorrow." :)

....because we all know that her 3 yr. old brother is thinking, "Man! I sure hope I make a cool craft tomorrow!"






2 Comments:
Blogger Catrina had this to say:

I'm a little bit embarrassed to admit that sometimes I wouldn't mind dancing around in my sports bra to Miley Cyrus--it's a catchy new tune she has out! :-)

1:01 PM 


Blogger Amy had this to say:

God love that little girl! :)

7:49 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




School Zones
St. Patrick's Day Joke
The Ransom
Holding The Barbies Hostage
My Mom is Addicted!
I Got Nothin'
Miracles happen....even if slightly tainted...
Tae Bo and Tiny Tots
Tidbits from L'il C
Where Did My Phone Go??


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]