December 01, 2008
The Everlasting Birthday!

Today is my 30th Birthday! Hard to believe!!

My friend, Jaycee, teases me about having the Everlasting Birthday. I told her that she should insist on one! :) Birthdays are huge in our family...well mainly to me and Amy. :) It isn't necessary to spend a lot of money on the birthday person just make a big deal of them. Quality/Quantity time spent with them.... oh yes and lots of "Happy Birthdays!"

I don't care if people call me with belated Happy Birthdays because I get to celebrate longer! hee hee

Brad is such an amazing husband! I already knew this but he always continues to surprise me! The day before Thanksgiving he got really sick with a deep chest cold and still continued on like a trooper!

Monday he took me to Sears to have family pictures taken. I have been wanting this for a long time! That really meant a lot to me.


Friday we snuggled on the couch and watched movies. This is one of my favorite things to do.

Sunday he took me to lunch at P.F. Changs!!! My absolute fave! Then we drove through the park and looked at Christmas decorations. I didn't know at the time this was done to stall because he had a surprise party planned at 2:00 and lunch finished an hour early. Some of my close friends and family had shown up with Brad's invitation.

He had his mom make me a cake with no icing and had it served right out of the oven. I LOVE hot cake!!! To some, this may seem minor. But to me this was HUGE. It was scrumptious. I thought it was pretty cool that he remembered this was my favorite way to eat cake. We don't have cake very often so bonus points for him.

Brad took L'il C shopping to get me a present. She also made me a HUGE card out of posterboard.

Brad and L'il C took a vote to let me sleep in this morning! He took her to school for me. I stayed in bed until 10:30!!!! Heavenly! Note...I did not say I slept until 10:30 because that would mean I was unloved. Why? Because there would have been no birthday calls waking me up every 15 minutes. But there were and I won't EVER complain about too many birthday calls! :)

Amy took me to lunch at noon since she couldn't make it to the family dinner. She was packing for New York so we stayed in town and ate at Rib Crib. We had a stuffed baked potato. It was very good. Then they gave me a brownie fudge sundae for birthday dessert! Thank you Amy!!!

Every year we go out as a family for dinner at the birthday person's choice restaurant. I try to pick a new restaurant every year. This year's choice was Fish Daddy's since I had not yet been. It was very good. I had a really good salad with their house dressing, Grilled Catfish and Shrimp, and hushpuppies. YUM!!! I ate entirely too much!

Brad, you are amazing!! Thank you for the best 30th birthday! It was very enjoyable.
P.S. I love you!

Thank you to everyone else that called, texted, left me messages on facebook and myspace, and emailed me!! You all are most awesome!






3 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

Happy Birthday! Serving the cake hot out of the oven for you is sweet. :-)

11:27 AM 


Blogger Lori had this to say:

Happy Late Birthday!!!

4:45 PM 


Blogger Candice had this to say:

YAY for birthdays! I hope yours was as FABULOUS as you are!!!!

7:07 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Revision to Honeymoon Story and Pics
The Beginning of the Trip!
Cliffs of Moher and Kinvara
Galway and Aughnanure Castle
Kylemore Abbey and Connors Pass
Dunbeg Fort and Lookout Point at Slea Head
Colmeenole Beach on the Dingle Peninsula
Tralee and Inch
Muckross House
Ross Castle


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]