April 07, 2011
We Are Wanted for Robberies in Arkansas!!

I recently noticed that my driver's side headlight was out. Brad made sure to purchase a replacement yesterday. However, he didn't get home from work until 6:00 and he had to shower and get ready for church by 7:00 and didn't have time to change it. I have been driving for a week with it out so what is one more day....

Except this time one more day equalled being pulled over by a police officer on our way home from church.

We were about 2 miles from home and Brad said, "Well that police officer just pulled out of that parking lot. I bet they are coming after me." I replied with, "Yeah right. You are going 35 in a 40." He said, "True but our headlight is out."

Shoot!! Sure enough she pulled us over. Came up to our window and asked both of us for our driver's licenses. She asked if we knew our headlight was out. We told her we did and that he had purchased it that day. I tried to offer her the receipt for proof but she didn't care to see it.

She said, "Well I am all out of warnings. What do you suggest I do?"

Hmmmmm. "What are our options??"

"Well how about this," she said "how about I go run your driver's licenses to make sure they are valid and when I come back, we will just say I never stopped you."

LOVE THAT!!!!

So Brad starts teasing L'il C in the backseat and asked her why she didn't give the police officer her DL. She said that she had left hers at home. It was pretty funny.

Relieved we weren't getting a ticket we began bantering back and forth cracking up laughing.

When the officer came back she leaned in and said, "So...I see you 2 are wanted for a couple of robberies over in Arkansas!" I laughed at her. She too started laughing and said she wasn't very good at acting and for us to have a good night.

Love not getting a ticket. Love even more that she was nice and tried to be funny.






1 Comments:
Blogger Amy Watson had this to say:

Woo hoo! I love not getting a ticket! :D

1:53 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Test Post
The Birthing Videos Part 2
Happy 25th Birthday Hot Husband
Birthing and Labor DVD's
Goulash and Brownies
Playing Catch Up
1st Shower for Baby A
Please Help!!! Eviction Notice Given
Just one?!
Single Digit Countdown!


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]