September 13, 2007
Is That Really A Law?!

Every state has at least one law that you crack up laughing at in disbelief that someone actually put that law in to effect. What you must realize is that unless someone had actually tried to do the things that were prohibited those laws wouldn't exist. So...not only is the law itself hilarious but also the fact that someone out there somewhere did those things makes it even funnier!

Which brings me to this point:

Mr. C and I were talking last night and he told me to turn to Deuteronomy 25:11-12 in the Bible. Now each translation uses a different word. But it is all the same essence. The Living Bible says,

11) "If two men are fighting and the wife of one intervenes to help her husband by grabbing the testicles of the other man,
12) her hand shall be cut off without pity.

??? Some translations say the man's "secrets" and some say "genitals" but regardless.... There is a law made about this. Some lady had her hand cut off for grabbing another man by the balls to help her husband!

"Excuse me ma'am. What happened to your hand?"

"I grabbed Joe's balls trying to help my husband."

"Oh, You are the reason we have that law now?!"






2 Comments:
Blogger Amy had this to say:

LOL...I want to know how you came upon this law. :)

8:05 AM 


Blogger Just Me had this to say:

That's too funny and I had to see what my book of Deuteronomy said --we hav ethe words secets but I never got the meaning until now. LOL.

There use to be a extermination order to exterminate or drive out any mormons that was put out by Missouri govenor Lilburn Boggs in 1838 it wasn't removed until 1976. It may not have been a law but I'm sure people could have gotten a get out of free jail card if they knew it was still "technically" in effect.

8:29 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




How the Fight Got Started!
Psycho-Kinesis?
A Day Made Just For Me!
Shattered Dreams!
At The Expense of My Sister...
Funerals
Labor Day Weekend
Flexeril Warning
Like Rainman, She has no concept of $$$
A HORRIBLE DAY!


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]