April 12, 2011
What do you keep from your past?!

As I was heading back from lunch, I was listening to "On Air with Ryan Seacrest". I only caught the last bit of the segment but they were talking about the box or boxes of stuff we keep of things from our ex(s). The woman was making a point about how you should throw it out...including pics. And Ryan was making a point that that was part of your past and who you were. If you aren't with them anymore and were committed to the new person, what would it hurt. She asked if he would like finding old pics of a girlfriends exes. He said prolly not.

It made me laugh because I have a couple of these boxes. One is just about everything sentimental thing I had from my ex husband. I kept it for my daughter's sake. The other is a couple of things here and there from elementary boyfriends to all the way to Brad, including pics. The box isn't nearly as extensive and is only the highlights.

I don't go through it but I think things like that help your kids get a bigger glimpse of your life before them. I know I like seeing pics of my mom's old college boyfriends and reading some of the letters she kept.


Brad doesn't mind at all and I don't have a problem coming across pics of him and his ex girlfriends. I liked most of the girls he went out with and he didn't marry them. He married me! :D And yes I do have a box with OUR stuff which outranks the other two, but I was talking primarily of boxes for exes.


What are your thoughts? Do you have stuff you have kept? If so, what?






3 Comments:
Blogger Katie had this to say:

I know a particular picture that you kept...and I bet you go back all the time and look at it! Hahahaha!!!!!!

3:53 PM 


Blogger Amy Watson had this to say:

I share the same opinion with you--it's part of your past, and the fact that you are no longer with those ppl is irrelevant. It's a part of who you were growing up, and those are memories that your kids might enjoy knowing/looking through.

I have a small shoebox or too somewhere in the attic. :) And of course, I have a large box for Mike since we've been together since 98.

5:38 AM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

Mwah ha ha ha. Katie you are hilarious. ....And actually that picture wasn't kept by me. Amber kept that one. :D (AND...It is a good thing I specified exes cause he wasn't one of mine. :D) I am so glad we are friends. You make me laugh.

Amy-98?!?! Holy freakin' cow. Ya'll are gettin' old!...well, one of you is getting old. (Mike) :D

8:36 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Naked
We Are Wanted for Robberies in Arkansas!!
Test Post
The Birthing Videos Part 2
Happy 25th Birthday Hot Husband
Birthing and Labor DVD's
Goulash and Brownies
Playing Catch Up
1st Shower for Baby A
Please Help!!! Eviction Notice Given


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]