August 23, 2014
If I Were an Alcoholic Would You Offer Me a Drink??

If I told you I was an alcoholic, would you say, "It's just one drink."? 

 .... I am not an alcoholic.

But an addiction that is very real to me is food.  I have very little self control.  When I am trying to eat healthy, please do not say, "It's okay to splurge every once in a while." It is a real struggle for me and rarely is it just one splurge.

So many people will say, "I just can't seem to lose weight." Then they list everything they have eaten. Well is it any wonder?

I have to be diligent. Please do not send snacks home with us. Please do not leave snacks at my home.  I am at home ALL.DAY.long. And I truly struggle to ignore them staring back at me.

I am not asking you to change your habits. I am only asking that you do not encourage me to stay unhealthy with you just to make you comfortable.

This isn't just about weight loss for me.  This is about my health.  Unhealthy eating runs in my family as well as diabetes.  I am not looking to develop this nor am I willing to pass it on to my children.  I am taking steps to change the unhealthy lifestyle that has gone on long enough.  Thank you for those of you that have been one to encourage me. I appreciate you!!!  To those of you that have enabled me, thank you for caring enough about me to start taking your snacks home with you and to no longer say, "it's just this once."  ;)  I love you all and I am glad you love me.

*I need true friends to help me stay on track.
*Friends help friends succeed.
*Friends do not enable. 
*Friends encourage.
*Friends don't scold or embarrass when slip ups happen. They say things like, "Better luck next time."
*Friends challenge friends to do the right thing.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Where has the time gone? 3 years in Fast Forward
Arrival 04/27/2011
Down for the Count
What do you keep from your past?!
Naked
We Are Wanted for Robberies in Arkansas!!
Test Post
The Birthing Videos Part 2
Happy 25th Birthday Hot Husband
Birthing and Labor DVD's


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]