January 16, 2008
Mom's and Video Games!

This week I heard on the radio that the number one video game being played by mom's right now is Guitar Hero II. If you have been keeping up with my blog you know that I really like playing that game so I had to laugh to myself.


Being a single mom I do not spend extra money on the internet, cable, video games, etc. Don't get me wrong, my daughter and I aren't lacking in forms of entertainment-we have a HUGE backyard, bicycles, scooters, board games, etc. and I would just as soon be playing something together than L'il C being morphed into the video game.


Nonetheless, her dad knows how much she wanted a Nintendo DS and he bought her one for his house and one to keep at our house. (Which I might add was VERY thoughtful of him!!)


Which brings me to the point of my story....(which I am sure you thought I would never get too! HA!) L'il C went to her dad's last night and I won't lie, I was just a little bit curious about this new piece of equipment and how it worked. She had Mario Brothers loaded in there and I MIGHT have played it for an extended period of time before bed last night. :) I had forgotten how much fun that game was back when I played it on the REGULAR Nintendo (not too mention SUPER Nintendo!) HA!


When I was talking to Mr. C about it last night I brought up the fact that aside from Mario Brothers there was an old game that I would play that Bugs Bunny would go up through tunnels to get to the different levels. He said he remembered that game and that he had played it before. I didn't hardly believe him as I knew that that was before he had been introduced to video games. But he assured me that he had and I believed him when it was all said and done. He did not, however, remember the original Atari's and Frogger! HA HA! (which now by looking online they have made considerable updates to the game Frogger and even have it available on XBOX now.)






5 Comments:
Blogger Amy had this to say:

Okay, so you probably know that I never really "played" any of those games. I much more enjoyed watching other people play. But I have invested MANY hours watching other people play all of those games and they made for great entertainment. :) ha ha

8:47 AM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:55 PM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

I can still hear the catchy little tune that plays at the beginning of Mario Brothers. I have no video game skills though. I played that stinkin' game all the time in elementary school (or was it Jr. High??) and never got to the last level to save the princess.

12:56 PM 


Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I play Mario on Kaiden's DS ALL THE TIME!!!

I used to be huge into Pitfall - remember that one? A GF of mine has it, and we spent all night trying to play that game...it was so funny.

6:29 AM 


Blogger LITTLE MISS had this to say:

And don't forget about PONG! And YES--Pitfall!! Oh wow.

I'm one of "those" people. (you know the kind that says oh it was before your time, honey)

Grrr.

10:53 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page







Laughter ♥ Sarcasm ♥ Love
Seems well-balanced to me... therefore I will not be taking a poll!

(more)




Peekin' Over
You Choose!
Happy 7th Birthday L'il C!
Shin Splints?
Twelve Days of Christmas, Part II
The Twelve Days of Christmas Part 1
Nutcracker in Review
The Nutcracker
Watching Robots A Bit Much??
Every Light In The House Is On...


















Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]